For your Indian Music assessment you will need to know about the following things:
1) What a Raga is, the three elements that make a Raga successful and be able to identify the three different ragas (by ear). You will be played a clip of each one and asked to link them up to either morning, afternoon or evening.
2) You must be able to identify the 3 different instruments of Indian Music with your ear. You must be able to describe how they are played and what type of sound they produce - See PowerPoint of lessons below for revision.
3) You must be aware of Bhangra music and what it is a fusion of.
4) You must be able to discuss why Ravi Shankar was so important to Indian Music - referencing his interactions with the Beatles and how they used those influences in their own Music.
5) You must be able to discuss how Indian music reflects the culture of Indian - Religion etc.